Revision as of 20:25, 1 January 2012 by Eric Pauwels
Connecting the Labs & Conducting Remote Experiments
- Observational: Making data (obtained from test sites or living labs) accessible to other partners;
- Initiative and control remain at the hosting (hardware)lab;
- Resulting data streams are broadcast to interested parties;
- Siemens Smart Grid Showroom
- Participatory but Asynchronous (Off-line)
- The script for an experiment is submitted to a partner lab, where (upon approval) it is performed (hence, each partner can be the initiator, but the control remains at the hardware host);
- The results are then communicated to the requesting lab (not necessarily in real time);
- Interactive remote experiments
- The hardware resources at the remote host are directly controlled (over the internet) by another partner;
- The results are communicated in real time to the initiator;
- This type of application carries obvious risks, and will require appropriate safety and security measures.
- Demand-side management
Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.